Our Areas of Focus
- Increase the number of young women entering the workplace and increase employment in high-wage, flexible workplaces.
- Increase the ability of young women to earn and build assets.
- Increase access to credit and capital for young women, particularly young women of color.
- Encourage and foster entrepreneurship in young women, and increase access to the tools they need to succeed.
- Increase availability of affordable, high-quality childcare.
Safety & Anti-violence
- Ensure greater safety from violence at home, in communities, and in systems for young women—particularly young women of color, LGBTQ youth, and immigrant young women.
- Decrease school push-out, suspensions and expulsions, and other exclusionary school discipline practices that disproportionately impact girls of color.
- Reduce violence and provide second chances to justice-involved young women.
Health & Well-being
- Increase reproductive health access and justice for young women.
- Increase culturally competent health services—mental, physical, and reproductive—in schools, communities, and systems.
- Increase the number of young women– particularly young women of color and young women from low-income backgrounds—who are completing high school and going to college.
- Lessen the opportunity gap in education that produces inequity between girls of color and their white counterparts.
- Increase the number of young women—particularly young women of color—pursuing education and careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Build policy and advocacy skills in young women.
- Foster self-confidence and independence.
- Amplify the leadership of young women.